MapGuide Studio Cannot connect to Site

Campbell, Keith A keith.campbell at atkinsglobal.com
Thu Nov 9 05:50:28 EST 2006

We've upgraded from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2.

The map agent, site administrator and web extensions tests all work as
expected, but when trying to connect to the site with MapGuide Studio, I
get the message 'Unexpected Error in contacting site URL'.

I had this before with the 1.0.1 install, but adding permissions to the
www folder for the internet guest account seemed to sort that out.
However, those permissions are still in place but the error has
returned. What is also puzzling is that those permissions did not need
to be set on a development server in order for it to work. So something
else is at play. There do not seem to be any messages logged when this
error occurs. How can I identify the cause? Are there some settings in
IIS that need to be changed? Could there be firewall or proxy issues?

The server is a Win2k with IIS 5.0.

Any help much appreciated.

Keith

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.