[mapguide-users] insertion point

Farah farah at egovernments.org
Thu Nov 9 06:59:06 EST 2006

Hi,

You can get the coordinates of :the centroid of the selected geometry by
doing:

MgAgfReaderWriter geometryReaderWriter = new MgAgfReaderWriter();

while(featureReader.ReadNext())

         {

            MgByteReader byteReader = featureReader.GetGeometry("Geometry");

            //Get the geometry of the feature, find the centroid and the x,
y points of the centroid

            MgGeometry geometry = geometryReaderWriter.Read(byteReader);

            MgPoint point = geometry.GetCentroid();

            x = point.GetCoordinate().GetX();

y = point.GetCoordinate().GetY();

}