[mapguide-users] ODBC problem...SOLUTION

Andrew DeMerchant andrew.demerchant at gemtec.ca
Fri Nov 10 08:39:13 EST 2006

Got it working!!

It seems as though the FDO's tolerance to field names with spaces has
gone down since the first release. In the FDO that came with 1.0.0 and
1.0.1, it didn't like spaces in table names...but if you renamed your
tables, it worked fine, even if you had field names with spaces in that
table. Now the problem seems to have spread. My table had some spaces in
other fields (not anything used for the plotting though)....as soon as I
changed the spaces to "_", it worked fine....I must say also, that it IS
much faster than those older versions, so kudos.....but please fix it to
work with all possible table / field names. It's a simple matter of
always enclosing all tables and field references with "[" and "]".
Please please please add that for the next release. It would save a lot
of headaches for people....Again though, nice work with the drastic
speed increase!

Andrew