[mapguide-users] Linux and raster support?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Nov 11 10:12:55 EST 2006

Jason Birch wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that Frank's provider compiles when you build FDO 3.2 from
scratch with the scripts that come with FDO.  I haven't actually tried it yet,
but it's compiled sucessfully under Windows a few times for me.

> Jason

Andy / Jason,

In fact, the raster provider just complete "phase 1" acceptance testing, and
I consider it ready to use!  The following is a rough status of what is
implemented and not implemented in the provider.  I haven't been talking about
it much because I didn't know if many folks were using FDO 3.2 and the
development version of MapGuide.  It can't be used with the current released
version of MapGuide which depends on FDO 3.1.

I'd be especially happy to help you with it's use for the KG project Andy.

	GDAL FDO Raster Provider
	========================

Implemented
===========

  o Support for reading file(s) based on DefaultRasterFileLocation
    in the connection string.
  o Support for reading files based on a config document (same format
    as for Rfp provider).
  o Supports reading Byte, Int16, UInt16, Int32, UInt32, and Float32
    datatypes.
  o Supports resizing image (SetImageXSize(), SetImageYSize()) (changing
    resolution).
  o Supports reading NullPixel() (with some limitations).
  o Selecting an area (clipping) using SetBounds().
  o Selects Grey, paletted, RGB and RGBA image configurations.
  o Reading in pixel interleaved row-by-row order.
  o Converting data types (Int16 -> Byte).
  o Converting color models (RGBA -> RGB).
  o Reading in tiled format (other than one big tile
    or "strip" tiles).
  o Reading line or band (image) interleaved.
  o Linux builds.
  o Windows builds.

Not Implemented

  o Rotated datasets.
  o Multiple datasets (mosaiced).
  o 1bit (bitonal).
  o Palette support.
  o Proper SRS handling.
  o Generic metadata.
  o Selecting bands other than the default.
  o Single threaded GDAL access.
  o Unit tests (well partially implemented).