checking wms connections

joanne cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 10:40:14 EST 2006

Hi All,

I am trying to make a wms connection to some layers in my MapGuide OpenSource 1.0.2 map. I can't connect to my own, and assume there's some kind of problem with the conversion from a different coordinate system, as seems to have been discussed at length on this list, so I thought I'd better try the Sheboygan data first. All I am trying to do is connect to the data in Firefox 2, using the following URL:

http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&LAYERS=Samples/Sheboygan/Layers/Buildings&FORMAT=image/png

This gives me the following message:

An unclassified exception occurred.

An unclassified exception occurred. Exception occurred in method MgHttpWmsGetMap.Execute at line 204 in file c:\build_tux_area\mgdev_opensource\web\src\httphandler\HttpWmsGetMap.cpp

If I remove any of the parameters I get an xml document back that tells me I don't have all the parameters I need. A GetCapabilities request seems to validate as far as I can tell...
The end result of all of this is that I want to be able to use my MapGuide Open Source data in OpenLayers, but needless to say that doesn't work at all at the moment either!

Many thanks

Jo

Joanne Cook BSc MLitt AIFA MBCS
Information Systems Coordinator