Studio Enterprise and Web Studio Cannot Connect Randomly

Trevor Wekel trevor.wekel at autodesk.com
Wed Nov 15 14:04:18 EST 2006

Hi Chris,

IIS under Windows XP has a hard coded concurrent connection limit - 10
connections I think.  Internet Explorer and the embedded  IE control
within Studio may spin up that many connections to serve a map.  If you
get back a bunch of 403 errors then you are probably hitting this limit.

There is also an occassional cannot connect to URL error when a FastCGI
Mapagent process has shutdown and another one has not started up yet.
Typically, this is a single error.  The error "wakes up the agent" and a
second connection attempt should go through successfully.

I have also seen rare cases where the Apache/IIS FastCGI link to
Mapagent.exe and php-cgi.exe does not initialize successfully.  This
effectively locks out the Web Extensions.  In these cases stopping
Apache or IIS, manually killing all of the mapagent.exe and php-cgi.exe
process, and restarting Apache or IIS generally corrects the problem.
As an added measure of insurance, stopping and restarting MapGuide
Server can be performed along with the Apache/IIS restart.

Hopefully this will help,

Trevor

  _____