Oracle OCI8 Broke Again

Jim O'Leary joleary.public at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 20:02:53 EST 2006

We had PHP connecting to Oracle by adding this piece of information to
httpd.conf:

 -initial-env PATH=C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\BIN

in this line in httpd.conf:

FastCgiConfig -idle-timeout 60 -minProcesses 1 -maxClassProcesses 4
-multiThreshold 100 -singleThreshold 100 -killInterval 300 -initial-env
PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS=20000 -initial-env
PATH=C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\BIN

However, I just upgraded to Service Pack 1 and it is broke again. Oracle
itself is working, and I can log in to it from the Oracle client program
with any of our users. Also, phpinfo() shows the OCI8 is "enabled". However,
connecting through PHP brings up this message:

Warning: oci_pconnect() [function.oci-pconnect]: _oci_open_server: x‰ in
C:\Program
Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2007\WebServerExtensions\www\database\oracle_functions.php
on line 8

Database connection error:

Any suggestions?

Thanks