Performance Tips

Campbell, Keith A keith.campbell at atkinsglobal.com
Mon Nov 20 12:50:27 EST 2006

I'd be very interested to hear what people have found that have a big
impact on performance. After spending some time just working around
problem after problem to get an application ready for production, I now
find that the app may be just too slow in the clients environment to be
of any use. I can guess at a few like size of map, number of layers,
complexity and format of data sources. What is good practise? What can
be tweaked to make things faster? Can the image type (of the map) and
resolution be changed? Is one themed layer better than several filtered
layers? I realise there are hardware factors that will make a big
difference, but I'd prefer to focus on software configuration at this
point.

Keith

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.