[mapguide-users] WMS EPSG

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Nov 20 19:39:46 EST 2006

Scott,

web studio doesn't use the built in coordinate system because, until
recently, it wasn't exposed in the mapagent.  Instead, I chose to
implement a simple XML file that would provide access to frequently
used coordinate systems.  There are actually two files:

all-projections.xml
projections.xml

Due to the size of all-projections.xml (which is actually just all
epsg projections, not every projection for mapguide), it took a
substantial amount of time to process in a web browser.  So I decided
to have a much smaller projections.xml file that would just contain
whatever you use most frequently.

To get access to projections in web studio, you need to find and copy
the appropriate block from all-projections.xml into projections.xml.
Note that web studio actually uses the WKT string so it is not
necessarily limited to EPSG codes - that was all I had convenient
access to.

At some point in the future, I would like to transition this to use
the new coordinate system calls recently added to the mapagent.

Cheers

Paul