SPAM-LOW: RE: [mapguide-users] Site corrupt - MG Server fails to start

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Mon Nov 20 20:23:05 EST 2006

My symptoms were rather baffling, hence my reinstall.  What happens at
reboot and as Windows is starting, is the mgserver process will consume 100%
of the CPU.  I let this run for 5 minutes or more once.  While this is
occurring, the services control panel will indicate that the service is in a
"starting" state.  At the same time, all of the other Windows services,
startup programs, etc. are trying to start and fighting for the CPU so
everything slows to a crawl.  It did not occur to me to run mgserver in
application mode since the service had always worked fine, but I have
definitely mentally noted that.

Andy