[mapguide-users] Performance Tips

Campbell, Keith A keith.campbell at atkinsglobal.com
Tue Nov 21 09:16:01 EST 2006

Thanks Andy.

I have tried base layers before and will have another look at them. I
guess there is some trade-off in that with a non-tiled map, you can zoom
to the exact location you wish to in one go, whereas with the tiled
option you may need several clicks to zoom/pan to where you want to be.
Overall it should be faster though.

Regarding image format, I think the template file is the
ajaxmappane.templ. I've tried using GIFs (which seem to give similar
quality / performance) and JPGs which produce a substandard map - unless
there is another parameter that can be fed to the mapagent, or perhaps
something more than simply 'JPG' to the FORMAT parameter, to control the
quality?

Regards,

Keith