[mapguide-users] Query for Oracle SDO Data without using SDO_FILTER

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Wed Nov 22 05:24:39 EST 2006

Hi Johann,

I think you are not doing anything wrong but MapGuide is always sending an spatial condition when querying data.

Here is a version (0.4.5) of King.Oracle provider with special Filter parameters.
It will allow you to skip spatial filter set from MapGuide.

In MapGuide go to layer setup and select "Filter applied to data".
Go to advanced tab and enter KingOracle.NoSpatialQuery=TRUE   (if you click "Validate" - ignore message generated by studio)

This filter parameter will be processed and provider will skip any spatial conditions set by MapGuide
You can combine this with other "normal" conditions like: KingOracle.NoSpatialQuery=TRUE and UL_MID=16234249

http://www.sl-king.com/fdooracle/download/FdoKingOracle_Win32_InstantClient_v0_4_5.zip
http://www.sl-king.com/fdooracle/download/FdoKingOracle_Win32_v0_4_5.zip

This can be also used to display points x,y columns (no sdo_geometry column) and tables without spatial index at all.
I am also using this kind of parameters to generate special Oracle optimizer commands.

This is not "official" version, because this is my workaround, but if it is needed and I can put it in..

Haris