Layers not aligning correctly

Kerndata.com Support support at kerndata.com
Sun Oct 1 15:19:17 EDT 2006

All...

I've resolved my issues with Packaging maps - it would appear that somehow
my Mapserver installation had become "partially" corrupted - such that some
things were working and others weren't.   I blew away the install and
started from scrath - everything appears to be working properly.

However, I now have a new problem - and not being a "professional"
cartagropher - I'm at a bit of an impass.

The county has published a series of new GIS layers - all of them (with the
exception of the Parcel layer) are NAD27, the Parcel layer is NAD83.

So - I import all my layers using the coordinate systems indicated - but the
streets and parcels don't line up right.  They appear to be off by about 40
feet.

This is really driving me nuts - as the county just had to do things
slightly different on that one layer.

Any assistance in telling me how I can tell Mapguide to line up the two
layers would be most helpful.

Eric Brown
Kerndata.com