[mapguide-users] WebLayout creation?

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Oct 2 08:20:51 EDT 2006

Shane,

Studio Preview does (did) create xml files ... they are stored in the
server as a WebLayout resource.

You can use the mapagent interface to get the xml file out of the
server and to put it back in after modification.

You can get at the mapagent using a forms interface:

http://<server:8008>/mapguide/mapagent

Then click GetResourceContent and enter in the path (Library://
Samples/Sheboygan/Layouts/Sheboygan.WebLayout for instance) to the
WebLayout.

You get back an XML file.  If you save this and edit it, you can
upload it using SetResouce and picking your new XML file as the
content ... you don't need a header, leave that empty.

You can specify the same resource id  (to update it) or a new one (a
new resource is automatically created if you specify an id that
doesn't exist).

Hopefully some mechanism for working with WebLayouts can be included
in WebStudio, although there is no work being done on this that I
know about yet.

Cheers

Paul