[mapguide-users] ArcSDE FDO provider

Brad Nesom kidsmake6 at msn.com
Mon Oct 2 14:46:34 EDT 2006

Thanks Haris,

  I am still in the planning stage. Not wanting to rush into any more
problems I can't get out of easily. I had pretty much hung my hat on oracle
sdo when I discovered that the esri implementation doesn't really support
all metadata categories. So now the sde-fdo seems to be a cleaner easier
solution. And as of yet I haven't found anyone who can convince me that esri
will fix the inadequacies. (9.2 maybe not.) So even though we are talking
about oracle sdo 10.2.0.1 spatial data, I really have an esri version of
that. It does not contain the wkt (SRID) value, the min, max bounding values
or the tolerance. These values cannot just be inserted because then sde
loses object control of the tables.

Probably more ranting than you want to hear. If you have further interest
let me know I can fill your ear.

Brad

When these values are present in dbtune file the entities are created as sdo
objects that have correct metadata. But if you do arcgis doesn't respond as
expected.

##DEFAULTS

SDO_LB_2        -140000.000000

SDO_TOLERANCE_2    0.000000500000

SDO_VERIFY    "FALSE"

SDO_UB_2       430000.000000

SDO_UB_1       2300000.000000

SDO_TOLERANCE_1    0.000000500000

SDO_LB_1        1849000.000000

ATTRIBUTE_BINARY     "LONGRAW"

SDO_SRID        41106

SDO_DIMNAME_2         "y"

SDO_DIMNAME_1         "x"

GEOMETRY_STORAGE            "SDO_GEOMETRY

  _____