[mapguide-users] Filter applied to data...

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Oct 10 13:38:07 EDT 2006

The API of MgLayer doesn't include a mechanism for modifying the
filter applied to the layer at runtime.  This means that you will
need to use the resource service to get the content of the layer,
modify the XML directly and use the resource service to put the new
layer definition back into the repository.

Here is some sample code that you can start with.  Note that this is
not tested in any way and very probably contains syntax errors etc.
Please spend some time trying to get this to work BEFORE emailing to
say it doesn't work ;)

   <?php
   $installDir = "C:/Program Files/MapGuideOpenSource/";
   $extensionDir = $installDir . "WebServerExtensions/www/";
   $viewDir = $extensionDir."mapviewerphp/";

   include $viewDir . "common.php";
   include $viewDir . "constants.php";

   MgInitializeWebTier($extensionDir. "webconfig.ini");

   $username = "Anonymous";
   $password = "";

   $layerName = "Parcels";

   $siteConnection = new MgSiteConnection();

   if (isset($_REQUEST['SessionId'])) {
       $sessionId = $_REQUEST['SessionId'];
       $user = new MgUserInformation($sessionId);
       $siteConnection->Open($user);
   } else {
       $user = new MgUserInformation($username, $password);
       $siteConnection->Open($user);
       $site = $siteConnection->GetSite();
       $sessionId = $site->CreateSession();
       $user->SetMgSessionId($sessionId);
       //subsequent calls to this script must pass SessionId
       echo "<SessionId>$sessionId</SessionId>";
   }

   $resourceService = $siteConnection->CreateService
(MgServiceType::ResourceService);

   $map = new MgMap();

   if (!isset($_REQUEST['mapName'])) {
       $mapName = "Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Maps/
Sheboygan.MapDefintion";
       $mapResourceId = new MgResourceIdentifier($mapName);
       $map->Create($resourceService, $mapResourceId, $mapName);
       //subsequent calls to this script must pass MapName=
       echo "<MapName>".$map->GetName()."</MapName>";
       $mapSessionId = new MgResourceIdentifier("Session:" .
$sessionId . "//" . $map->GetName() . "." . MgResourceType::Map);
       $map->Save($resourceService, $mapSessionId);
   } else {
       $map->Open($resourceService, $_REQUEST['mapName']);
   }

   if (isset($_REQUEST['Layer'])) {
       $layers = $map->GetLayers();
       $layer = $layers->GetItem($_REQUEST['Layer']);

       $layerId = $layer->GetLayerDefinition();
       //copy layer to session
       if (substr($layerId, 0, 7) != 'Session') {
           //could also use CopyResource?
           $byteReader = $resourceService->GetResourceContent($layer-
 >GetLayerDefinition());
           $layerContent = $byteReader->ToString();

           $layerSessionId = new MgResourceIdentifier("Session:".
$sessionId."//".$layer->GetName().".".MgResourceType::LayerDefinition);

           $byteSource = new MgByteSource($layerContent, strlen
($layerContent));
           $resourceService->SetResource($layerSessionId, $byteSource);
       }
   }

   if (isset($layer) && isset($_REQUEST['Filter'])) {
       $byteReader = $resourceService->GetResourceContent($layer-
 >GetLayerDefinition());
       $layerContent = $byteReader->ToString();

       //change the filter
       $domDocument = DOMDocument::loadXML($layerContent);

       $xpath = new DOMXPath($domDocument);
       $query = '//VectorLayerDefinition/Filter';
       // Get a list of all the <VectorLayerDefinition><Filter>
elements in
       // the XML (there should be one).
       $nodes = $xpath->query($query);
       // Find the correct node and change it
       foreach ($nodes as $node )
       {
           $node->nodeValue = $_REQUEST['Filter'];
       }

       // Put the new layer definition back into the repository
       $layerContent = $domDocument->saveXML();
       $byteSource = new MgByteSource($layerContent, strlen
($layerContent));
       $resourceService->SetResource($layer->GetLayerDefinition(),
$byteSource);

       //make sure MG knows that the layer has changed
       $layer->ForceRefresh();
       echo "<p>Filter Set</p>";
   }
   //save the map in the session