[mapguide-users] XP Pro as MgServer?

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Tue Oct 10 19:39:28 EDT 2006

But, if you develop on .NET, IIS is the only option.  There are .NET Apache
modules, but they don't fully support .NET 2.0.  My development machine
(Windows XP Pro) runs both IIS for .NET development and Apache for PHP and
Java development.  I switch out my Apache http.conf file when going from the
PHP to the Java web extensions.  So, I have all 3 versions of the web
extensions installed and working on one machine without using VMWare or
similar.

For information on how to up your IIS max connections from 10 to 40, see the
MapGuide Open Source Wiki at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/MapGuide_Open_User_Technical_FAQ%27s

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.