[mapguide-users] Does Mapguide support unicode?

Farah farah at egovernments.org
Wed Oct 11 05:36:44 EDT 2006

Hi..!!!!

I had the same requirement! I was creating a temporary layer and I needed to
display some kannade text as alabel as well as tooltip for the temporary
layer. It worked fine.

I copied my required font into the Windows/fonts folder (.ttf file). Then in
my code, I did the following: ( Owner name is the required  text to be shown
as alabel and tooltip in kannada.)

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %>

String OwnerName = PropertyList[0];

byte[] bytes = new byte[OwnerName.length()];

 for (int i = 0; i < OwnerName.length(); i++)

     {

     bytes[i] = (byte) OwnerName.charAt(i);

     }

    OwnerName = new String(bytes,"UTF-8");

Then I assigned this owner name as a string property for the temporary layer
and set it as the tooltip and label.

Regards

Farah

  _____