[mapguide-users] MapGuide Open Source 1.0.2 Released

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sun Oct 15 16:57:34 EDT 2006

Hi MapGuide Team :)

I'm not sure if this was an artefact from a previous install, but the MapGuide service did not start properly after the uninstall/reinstall.  Running the service in interactive mode, I got the following:

----------------------
Running the server interactively as an application instead of as a service.
(2812|3864) An exception occurred in FDO component.
Failed to load FDO library.
Exception occurred in method MgServer.svc at line 312 in file c:\build_tux_area\mgdev_opensource\server\src\core\Server.cpp

I found that I could get around this by altering the file serverconfig.ini, which was found in C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\bin, setting the FdoPath to a new location.

Old setting:
FdoPath                            =C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Bin\FDO\

New setting:
FdoPath                            =C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Bin\FDO\bin\

Jason