[mapguide-users] ArcSDE

Brad Nesom kidsmake6 at msn.com
Tue Oct 17 16:38:13 EDT 2006

I think you may be right Brian. I see definite references to autodesk fdo. I
had seen some of the same on the esri website but they are not so specific
as to the technology now that I look them up.
http://edndoc.esri.com/arcobjects/9.1/java/arcengine/com/esri/arcgis/datasou
rcesoledb/package-summary.html
It seems they have an esrifdo2ado implementation for oledb.

I have asked esri about the connection count from an autodesk map FDO and
they said that as long as it is using the SDE client it should not count
against the sde connections now termed (direct connections). I wouldn't be
surprised if they made the realization and started charging for those. They
don't usually give anything away.