Error Linking to External .SHP Data

Steve Park parkst at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 18 14:07:50 EDT 2006

I'm hitting an issue while trying to link to external data via the instructions in the MGE White paper located at

images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/linking_to_external_data_autodeskmapgu idewhitepaper.pdf

What I am seeing is that, the feature source is created and appears in Studio, but the "Data Files in this resource" (class) list is empty despite several .shp and related (.dbf etc) files being in the directory pointed to by the XML configuration file.

I am using MGOS 1.0.1 & MG Studio 2007 Release 1

I have used a file system monitoring utility (FILEMON) to determine that MG doesn't scan the subject directory at all, so I don't think it's an issue w/ the file structure. The error log shows no exceptions.

Has anyone had success linking to .SHP data at this point? Following is the template we have been using:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<FeatureSource xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FeatureSource-1.0.0.xsd">
<Provider>OSGeo.SHP</Provider>
<Parameter>
<Name>DefaultFileLocation</Name>
<Value>c:\shp_data\</Value>