[mapguide-users] How to can make mapguide faster?

Gord McKenzie gord.mckenzie at canam.com
Thu Oct 19 15:04:54 EDT 2006

Is the system slow just on the internet or is it very slow even when you are
testing on the local network?

I found a couple of things made a difference to performance.  First was
changing my image format to GIF from PNG.  This really seems to matter most
with raster data as it reduces the size of images that need to be
transferred to the client.  I was surprised that my air photos still looked
quite good at 256 colors although this might not always be the case.  Now
that the JPG compression is fixed that might be another option.  This
mailing list has instructions on how to change this setting in a couple of
other posts.

The other thing was to be more aware of how large my data sources were and
how much data I was querying at different zoom levels.  Is it possible that
you are accessing too much data at the different zoom levels?