King.Oracle 0.3.2

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Mon Oct 23 20:37:38 EDT 2006

Hi,
some new features for King.Oracle 0.3.2 provider: ( wishes coming from
people testing this provider).

1. Support for Oracle 9i
I have tested querying data and schema creation on 9.2 and it works ok.

2. Support for Geodetic Coordinate system
Previous release didn't work well with geodetic data.
I run some test and it seems it is working ok now.
Uses optimized rectangle for envelope queries, so it should work even
for whole earth queries.

3. Spatial tables which have geometry column registered in
sdo_geom_metadata with "." in name will be skipped.
Geometry can come from function so it is registered with "." in name.
Dot is not allowed in FDO xml schema names.
This is temporary workaround.

Get it here: www.sl-king.com/fdooracle

I will soon release version with support for editing of geometries
trough fdo provider and that would conclude my first round of features.

I would like to ask community for suggestions/whishes what would like to
see in this provider.

If someone can help me in putting some kind of web survey I would
appreciate very much.
Is something like this possible on this ColabNet's or ..?

Thank you,
Haris