King.Oracle 0.3.2

Joel Carranza jec at gatekeeper.com
Mon Oct 23 21:49:43 EDT 2006

All my views are already inserted into USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA. After a little
investigation, I really think this is linked to what does and does not have
a spatial index.

I have 116 rows in my USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA table, but only 42 different
feature classes are returned when I use the mapagent GetClasses function.

The query below lists me all the table in USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA plus
table/view info, along with presence of a spatial index or primary key.

select count(index_name), count(*) from
(SELECT sdo.table_name,
       DECODE ( t.table_name,
		NULL,
		'View',
		'Table' ),
		i.index_name,
		c.constraint_name
  FROM user_sdo_geom_metadata sdo
 LEFT JOIN user_tables t ON  sdo.table_name = t.table_name
  LEFT JOIN  user_constraints  c ON sdo.table_name = c.table_name AND
constraint_type = 'P'
  LEFT JOIN user_indexes i  ON sdo.table_name = i.table_name  AND
index_type='DOMAIN'
 ORDER BY sdo.table_name)

42 of these have spatial indexes, the rest do not. I even have a table in
here somehow that does not have a spatial index for whatever reason.  If i
restrict this query to table/views with spatial indexes, I get exactly the
list of feature classes.

Joel