[mapguide-users] King.Oracle 0.3.3

Butler, Juan P jpbutler at co.pinellas.fl.us
Tue Oct 24 21:18:07 EDT 2006

I'm not sure about performance comparisons, but I've always liked the idea of displaying my data directly from its source.  In my case it's Oracle Spatial.  I'm not one for file maintenance and making sure the data from Oracle Spatial is being brought over and converted into an SDF for Mapguide to read.

In terms of the previous Mapguide 6.x versions, SDF was always the fastest in terms of displaying data in Mapguide.  But that's not to say that displaying data from Oracle Spatial was slow.  With some tuning and tweaking, Mapguide 6.x displayed data from Oracle Spatial superbly.  That's one of the reasons we chose to go with Mapguide.

I just hope Enterprise/MGOS gets to the that level one day.

Juan Butler - Senior Programmer/Analyst
GIS Applications
Pinellas County Information Systems
jpbutler at pinellascounty.org