[mapguide-users] Theming Based on Dates

Campbell, Keith A keith.campbell at atkinsglobal.com
Wed Oct 25 10:08:34 EDT 2006

OK, it seems smalldatetime field types can be accessed, but I'm still
not able to use GETDATE() etc. I don' t suppose there are any inbuilt
functions in MG that will help? I've only seen one inbuilt function
mentioned - the 'concat' function for string manipulation.

Perhaps the SQL Server functions need to be altered in some way in order
to be passed on by MapGuide - e.g. the validate option in the Advanced
expression builder in Studio complains about the value for units in the
DATEDIFF function unless enclosed in single quotes. However, even when I
can get the expression to validate, it doesn't have the expected effect
in theming the layer (it appears to be ignored). Is there any guidance
on building correctly formatted expressions?

Keith