Linking to Raster Data located on another computer

CRAWFORD Richard Richard.Crawford at Tenix.com
Fri Oct 27 02:04:27 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have the situation whereby the raster data is located on a different
computer than MapGuide Enterprise.

I have followed the steps in the Autodesk White Paper - Linking to
External Data and everything works okay

as long as the raster data is on the same computer as MagGuide Studio
and the repository.

When I try to link to the data on another computer using the UNC path
and hit "Test Connection" in Studio

I receive the error:

"An exception occurred in FDO component.

Fail to get image information."

The error log has the entry:

 StackTrace:
  - MgFeatureServiceHandler.ProcessOperation line 83 file
c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\FeatureServiceHandle
r.cpp
  - MgOpTestFeatureSourceConnection.Execute line 106 file
c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\OpTestFeatureSourceC
onnection.cpp
  - MgFdoConnectionManager.Open line 798 file
c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\common\manager\FdoConnectionManager.c
pp     An exception occurred in FDO component.
Fail to get image information.

I have made sure that:

1) The directory I am connecting to that everyone has full read write
access.

2) I have the same user name and password on both computers and also
connect to Studio with the same user name and password (user created
with administrative privileges)

3) I have tried copying the raster data to the local machine and using
the UNC path and this works correctly

4) I have checked the mailing lists and couldn't find anyone with the
same problem as this.

I am currently using MapGuide Enterprise and the Autodesk.Raster.3.1
provider.

I am now out of ideas and was hoping that someone might be able to give
me some additional pointers in how to connect to raster data located on
a different computer.

Thanks,

Richard.

Disclaimer :
The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are intended only
for the person or entity to which this e-mail is addressed.  If you are not,
or believe you may not be, the intended recipient, please advise the sender
immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies.
Tenix does not warrant nor guarantee that this email communication is free
from errors, virus, interception or interference.