[mapguide-users] PostgreSQL 8.1 Connection String

Eric Brown ericbrown at netxn.com
Fri Sep 1 00:30:37 EDT 2006

gotta love those 2mb screen shots.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: sukalyan chakraborty
  To: users at mapguide.osgeo.org
  Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:26 PM
  Subject: Re: [mapguide-users] PostgreSQL 8.1 Connection String

     the screen shot is attached which i'm getting there is no option to write the connection string

  On 8/29/06, Traian Stanev <traian.stanev at autodesk.com> wrote:
    The connection string you used is an OGR connection string. You can't use an OGR connection string to connect to the ODBC FDO provider.

    In the OGR dialog, you write the connection string in the field for the DataSource connection property, like the instructions for using the provider say. See the attached screenshot, which should make it clearer. If you don't see the two connection properties when you open the connection editor for OGR, it means your FDO provider is installed incorrectly.

    Traian