[mapguide-users] How to check if session is expired?

Jackie Ng jackie.ng at aecsystems.com.au
Tue Sep 5 20:56:24 EDT 2006

Hi François

Thanks for the suggestion, I have since found out an easier way, to check
the length of MgSite.GetCurrentSession() as it will return an empty string
if expired.

But now when I try to access my map with this newly generated session id. I
get "Resource not found" errors. I thought that session resources would be
automatically created with the new session as stated in the API docs. (???)

I ask this question because I have actually tried bumping up the session
expiry time in the MapGuide Site admin, and it didn't seem to make any
difference :(

Regards,

Jackie Ng

AEC Spatial Pty Ltd. / AEC Systems Pty Ltd.
SYDNEY - MELBOURNE - BRISBANE - PERTH - ADELAIDE - HOBART

A.B.N: 32 075 809 451

Level 4, 37-41 Prospect St. Box Hill, Victoria, 3128

Phone: 1300 368 609
Fax:    1300 362 140

www.aecsystems.com.au
jackie.ng at aecsystems.com.au