[mapguide-users] RE: WMS and EPSG:4326

Chris Claydon chris.claydon at autodesk.com
Thu Sep 7 11:59:23 EDT 2006

I'm looking into this problem at the moment. Here's what I've found so
far:

The coordinate system conversions are failing because the web tier fails
to read the environment variable PROJ_LIB, which provides the location
of the coordinate system data files. (On my machine: C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\nad). This prevents the Proj4 libraries
from loading the data that allows them to convert EPSG codes into WKT.

On Apache this can be fixed by setting the environment variable in
httpd.conf. This can be achieved by adding:

SetEnv PROJ_LIB "C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource\WebServerExtensions\www\nad"

to the end of this file.

I am in the process of figuring out the equivalent fix for IIS. Once we
have that, the installers will be updated to add the required settings
automatically.

To solve another mystery...

The OgcWmsService.config.awd file that Andy has posted contains a
mapping from EPSG:4326 to a WKT string. In the XML, this mapping is
commented out, but there is a bug in the parser that means that it gets
read anyway. When this config file is used, the mapped WKT string is
used directly, and no attempt is made to determine a mapping using
Proj4. That's why it works.

Chris.