[mapguide-users] Feature Joins

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Fri Sep 8 04:20:21 EDT 2006

The short answer is yes.
I have no problems displaying maps/porperties when using ODBC for
secondary sources.

But, I have written a bit with Ronnie Louie form Autodesk, about
selections on such featuresets.
Ronnie can select from such a Join using my data, but I can't.

So unless, you want to select objects from the layer and read joined
feature values using the API, you should be fine.

The error message I get is:

OSGeo.MapGuide.MgFdoException: An exception occurred in FDO component.
no string resource for id <1019> -
MgFeatureServiceHandler.ProcessOperation line 83 file
c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\FeatureServiceHandler.cpp
- MgOpSelectFeatures.Execute line 115 file
c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\OpSelectFeatures.cpp
- MgServerSelectFeatures.SelectFeatures line 217 file
c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerSelectFeatures.cpp
- MgServerSelectFeatures.JoinFeatures line 1008 file
c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerSelectFeatures.cpp

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S