[mapguide-users] MapGuide geometries

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Tue Sep 12 20:56:44 EDT 2006

MapGuide itself is also capable of combinations of elliptical arcs and cubic and quadratic beziers splines. Since the code is a leftover from an old real-time graphics engine, circular arcs are approximated by elliptical arcs which are in turn approximated by cubic beziers during tesselation (using a forward differencing algorithm).
Not terribly useful now, since these geometries can't be expressed by FDO geometry streams, but in case you ever need to render font outlines or some other complex stuff, look in LineBuffer.cpp...

Traian