RE: [mapguide-users] Cannot connect to MapGuide Server on local machine if no ne

robert fritz robert-fritz at web.de
Wed Sep 13 07:03:40 EDT 2006

Hi,

I 've got the same problem using another web-based software and my solution is:

Disable Media Sense in the Windows Registry:
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

  Wert: DisableDHCPMediaSense
  Typ:  REG_DWORD

Value for "DisableDHCPMediaSense"  should be 1.

regards,
Robert

Hi,

I've recently discovered a really nagging problem with the MapGuide Server
being unreachable (both studio and viewer fail to connect to site server) if
no network connection is available. Even when I am connecting to the server
process from the same machine that it is running on! But the moment I plug
in a network cable, everything's fine again!

Is there any way to resolve this problem?

Regards,

Jackie Ng