[mapguide-users] WMS now in Google Earth

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Fri Sep 15 11:53:12 EDT 2006

When I enter that URL, it is redirecting to
http://mgos.innomap.com:8080/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi.  I think your
problem is in your WMS config in MapGuide Admin.  Go into those settings and
then under General Properties, change the Server name from the above listed
one to mgos.innomap.com.  Google Earth is using these parameters when it
assembles the WMS request URL.

Actually, I'm not sure that is it.  I was just playing around and this
should work:
http://mgos.innomap.com:8080/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?REQUEST=GetCapa
bilities
<http://mgos.innomap.com:8080/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?REQUEST=GetCap
abilities&SERVICE=WMS&FORMAT=text/xml> &SERVICE=WMS&FORMAT=text/xml but it
is issuing a password challenge/response unrelated to MapGuide.  But, this
is working: http://mgos.innomap.com:8080/mapguide/mapagent/index.html

You may want to change your default Administrator password to something
different.........

Andy

  _____