[mapguide-users] Search tool: No matches

Krunoslav a_krunoslav at gmx.net
Sun Apr 1 05:40:04 EDT 2007

Hi all.

I'm trying to set up search tool in Studio. So I add search tool, in layer
to search I choose layer which has some objects on the map. This is layer
which is fetched from mysql database, and it draws some points on the map,
together with their properties, and one of them is their "username", which
is also point label.

And now, for example, one of label is "John Doe". This is field "username"
in mysql database.

My Search tool looks like this:
Search property: username
Additional parameters: "username" like '$USER_VARIABLE'

But, whatever I enter into search field, search alway returns "No matches",
even when I type in search field exact username. So, what am I doing wrong
here?