[mapguide-users] GetResourceContent returns empty string

JillP romanje at cdm.com
Mon Apr 9 17:51:33 EDT 2007

Every time I try to get the resource content or the repository content, I'm
always returned an empty string.  I am opening the map using MapGuides
Administrator credentials, so it shouldn't be a permissions issue. My code
seems remarkably similar to other's posted in these forums who seem to have
gotten the respository content returned.  Here's my code -- any help is
appreciated.

   MgUserInformation userInfo = new MgUserInformation(sessionId);
    MgSiteConnection siteConnection = new MgSiteConnection();
    siteConnection.Open(userInfo);
    MgResourceService resService =
(MgResourceService)siteConnection.CreateService(MgServiceType.ResourceService);
    MgMap map = new MgMap();
    map.Open(resService, ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["MapName"]);
    //Gets the layer
    MgLayer mapLayer = GetLayerByName(map,layerName);
    //Always returns the correct MgResourceIdentifier
    MgResourceIdentifier resId = mapLayer.GetLayerDefinition();
    MgByteReader mgByteReader = resService.GetResourceContent(resId);
    String mapDefString = mgByteReader.ToString();
   //mapDefString is always empty!
    if (mapDefString != ""){
   }

Thanks.