[mapguide-users] Enterprise vs. OpenSource

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Apr 11 12:11:02 EDT 2007

I think Paul outlined most of them.

The only items that I can see missing from the list are:

- Compatibility with the currently released proprietary Autodesk
products (Map 3D, Topobase).  The Mentor libraries and FDO version are
large parts of this.
- Quality Assurance:  MGOS relies on the community to QA new betas and
release candidates.  Enterprise releases employ Autodesk's QA team to
thoroughly test the release before it is published.

However, as Paul said, the version you choose is entirely up to you.
What I'm currently doing is using Enterprise internally to ensure
compatibility for my Map 3D users, and MGOS externally.  This strategy
may change over time, depending on our internal needs and my patience
with the commercial release cycle :)

Jason

From: Ivan Milicevic
Subject: RE: [mapguide-users] Enterprise vs. OpenSource

Paul,

what kind of extra features Mapguide Enterprise have?