[mapguide-users] LL84 PNG of current map in different Coordsys

Scott Hameister scotth at mpower-tech.com
Fri Apr 13 00:07:16 EDT 2007

GOAL:

                Take my the current Users Session Map view, and layer
settings and extents and convert that same set of parameters into a
downloadable  LL84 image of the same map.

ISSUES:

I know I can change the Coordsys of the session and make an FCGI call to
create a new map, but then the current Session and FCGI calls will be all
screwed up because internally the session will think its somewhere else,
etc.I know its best to temporarily create a new session..

I know there has to be a way to do this easier than iterating through all
the layer in the base map..

So I create a new session, apply an LL84 coordsys to them, but is there an
easier way than itterating through the Base maps layers and setting the new
sessions layers to match.basically is there a way to say apply the XML
settings from the Base Maps session to this new session in one quick step?
i.e. Current selections as well?