[mapguide-users] Coordinate system

Kenneth ks at geograf.dk
Mon Apr 30 05:58:48 EDT 2007

Kneo wrote:
> What is the significance of the following string in the digitizing examples,
>
> const LL84WKT = 'GEOGCS["LL84",DATUM["WGS_1984",SPHEROID["WGS
> 84",6378137,298.25722293287],TOWGS84[0,0,0,0,0,0,0]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],UNIT["Degrees",1]]';
>

> Where do we find such strings for other coordinate systems ?
>
> Kneo

That is a WKT (Well-known-text) representation of a coordinate system.
To get the WKT used by MapGuide try this:

Create a Map (using Studio or WebStudio), and save it.
Browse to http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapagent/index.html
On the right, click "Resources" (top half)
On the right, click "Get Resource Content" (bottom half)
Now type in the map location on the left side, eg:
Library://MyNewMap.MapDefinition
Click the "Submit" button, also on the left.
Enter the mapguide username/password, if prompted.
On the left side, you should now see the internal representation of the Map.
Inside the <CoordinateSystem> and </CoordinateSystem> delimiters, you
will find the MapGuide WKT representation of the Map Coordinate System.

If you have access to MapGuide Studio, you can also use the "Save As
Xml..." menu, to get the same file.

Regards, Kenneth GEOGRAF A/S