[mapguide-users] Splitting servers

Ray Holtz ray at rayholtz.com
Wed Aug 1 15:42:16 EDT 2007

Hi all, I am building Mapguide on Fedora Core 6 using the guides at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Building_MapGuide_on_Fedora_Core_6 and
http://mapguide.osgeo.org/1.1/docs/BuildConfigureMgOpenSourceOnLinux/Index.html
as guides.  The lower half of the second link says that you can build
the Webserver Extensions and the Mapguide server on separately.  We
would like to do that to separate the two for security reasons.  Besides
the one blurb saying what options are needed when running ./configure,
what other resources are there that I can read to install this
correctly.  Or has anyone done this that can give me some pointers.

 From what my client and I have figured out, on the webserver I need to
install the aptinstaller, FDO, and webserver extensions.  And then on
the Mapguide server, I just need to install Mapguide Server.  Is that
true?  What files do I need to configure to have the webserver point to
the Mapguide server?

Thanks for your help everyone,
Ray