[mapguide-users] ODBC Points Performance

Jon Rizzo jrizzo at Langan.com
Mon Aug 6 10:36:38 EDT 2007

Thanks for the suggestion(s).  That is currently how we are serving up
polygons - they are drawn in an SDF file but joined with data on a SQL
Server so they can be labeled/themed.  The selection of the polygons suffers
from the same problem as our point selection, so it stands to reason that
your suggestion probably will not help.  Our data is updated frequently, so
it's not realistic to copy all of the the data over to SDF files.  Again,
that's really the whole point of having an enterprise database to begin
with.  I think we may have to (*sigh*) continue using ArcIMS.  This is very
disappointing to me, but it just appears to be better at what I'm trying to
do.

Also, I'm not even talking about 5,000 features here.  A typical map for us
has 100 or so polygons and 10-20 points.  Our lag is more like 4 seconds
instead of 10, but that's still enough to make our users crazy.