[mapguide-users] Uncontrolled Error Logging / Non Responsiveness in Apache

passionlessDrone ScottB at talgov.com
Tue Aug 7 09:32:06 EDT 2007

Hello friends -

MapGuideServer 1.2 / Apache / PHP on windows XP.  Every now and again
running some reports that we have built will cause apache to freak out and
start sucking up resources and locking browsers.  Apache goes absolutely
nuts logging with statements like this:

[Tue Aug 07 09:15:31 2007] [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server "C:/Program
Files/MapGuideOpenSource/WebServerExtensions/www/mapagent/MapAgent.exe" has
failed to remain running for 30 seconds given 3 attempts, its restart
interval has been backed off to 600 seconds

It wrote 50MB+ of lines like this in three minutes.  I'm seeing other things
that indicate this might be solvable via php configuration changes, but I
was wondering if other folks have seen this with MG, and if so, what was the
solution?

Any insight is appreciated.

-pD