[mapguide-users] RE: How to enable markup using Design review

Joel Carranza jec at gatekeeper.com
Tue Aug 7 15:43:20 EDT 2007

I've been playing around with the EPlots generated out of the sample
application by Map Guide (Open Source 1.2RC2), with the eye towards doing
markup in ADR. One thing I noticed was that when the maps open in Autodesk
design review, they come up in  "Unknown" units. Consequently, I am unable
to use the measure tools to produce a meaningfull result. It seems clear
that the actual units are in "page space", because when I measure across the
entire width of the page, I get about 8.5

I realize that the ePlot functionality is more centered around printing.
However, is there a way to generate a DWF out of the MapGuide which is more
"geo-aware", which contains inside the DWF information about the map extent
which the DWF covers, and where ADR can make use of tools like Measure and
their geo-referencing ability?

Thanks,
Joel
Gatekeeper Systems