[mapguide-users] FDO provider for shp?

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Aug 7 16:09:48 EDT 2007

You should be able to view the Providers.xml file in IE. If it does not
open correctly you might not be able to use it from MapGuide.

It may very well be a defect Xml file that prevents the provider from
showing.
Could you post the xml file?

The provider shows up in my version of Studio (2008), but 2007 hides
some of the known providers. You can try to make a copy of the provider,
and name it differently in the xml.  Copy the entire <FeatureProvider>
block, and insert an identical copy. Then change the <Name> from
OSGeo.SHP.3.2 to OSGeo.MySHP.3.2. Then restart the server. I know that
this works for the Raster provider, which is useless without the
modification.

For info on how to use a remote share, you should poke around
Microsoft's site. A starter article could be:

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S