[mapguide-users] Site Open Problem

gom gord.mckenzie at canam.com
Thu Aug 9 17:26:01 EDT 2007

I have created a small app, in vb.net, that changes the default map and
weblayout to get cutom extents on startup.  Based on a url parameter I use
the default layout and map or I modify the resources and make session
versions of the layout and map.  I get all the desired results.

However, after it is used for awhile, sorry I don't have exact useage counts
or times, but several times a day the application will quit working with an
mgunclassified exception error.  In the debugger I can see that it fails on
the site.open call.  I believe I am disposing of objects as needed.
Restarting the Mapguide Server and IIS does not immediatley resolve the
problem.  Neither does restarting the entire server.  However, if I log in
to Studio and open the weblayout, the site becomes available again
immediately.  I am suspecting maybe some sort of problem with sessionstate
or something but I would think a server reset would take care of that.

Any ideas that might help me figure out whats going on?

Mapguide 1.1.1
IIS 6
Windows 2003
vb.net