[mapguide-users] Connect MGOS to Postgis database

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Aug 16 13:03:00 EDT 2007

Do you have the C++ runtime SP installed on the server?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200B2FD9-AE1A-4
A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200B2FD9-AE1A-
4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en>

Do you have the PostgreSQL/bin directory in the system (not user) path
on the server?  MapGuide typically runs as local service (I think) so
just adding it to your individual path will not work.  I've also seen
some cases of dll conflicts, so if it still doesn't work try the
dependency walker, or moving it the the beginning of the system path.

Jason

________________________________

From: Intengu Technologies
Subject: [mapguide-users] Connect MGOS to Postgis database

Can someone please help me with connecting to a Postgis database using
Mapguide Open Source Web Studio.

MGOS is running
I have a running Postgis database
Have downloaded the Postgis FDO from
http://mateusz.loskot.net/tmp/fdopostgis/ and placed it in the FDO
folder
Modified the provider.xml with the correct entries

But unfortunately cannot seem to figure out how to connect to the
Postgis database - well I am still a newbie