[mapguide-users] Connecting to remote files using mapagent?

Mansoureh Sadrykia m_sadrykia at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 06:15:26 EDT 2007

Thanks alot for your reply Jackie,

  The remote computers are not in a LAN, I have to access the files over the internet. Can this method be used for the computers on the internet?

Jackie Ng <jackie.ng at aecsystems.com.au> wrote:

Is the remote computer on the same network as the mapguide server? Are the
shp files on a network share? If so you can create an unmanaged alias in the
MapGuide Site Administrator to that network share, and be able to refer to
that alias in your resource documents.

For example if your shp files are located at \\server\shp you can create an
alias "SERVER_SHP" that you can then refer to in your resource xml documents
as %MG_DATA_PATH_ALIAS[SERVER_SHP]%

So if you have a shp file called foo.shp in that network share you can
create a feature source document that refers to it by creating a document
that look like something below:

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FeatureSource-1.0.0.xsd">

OSGeo.SHP

DefaultFileLocation
%MG_DATA_PATH_ALIAS[SERVER_SHP]%foo.shp

TemporaryFileLocation