[mapguide-users] Newbie questions concerning MGE2008 vs. MGOS

Jackie Ng jackie.ng at aecsystems.com.au
Fri Aug 24 05:27:35 EDT 2007

1. MGE by default installs to C:\Program
Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2008\
MGOS by default, installs to C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource
MGE uses "mapguide2008" as its virtual directory. MGOS uses "mapguide" as
its virtual directory. As a result, you should be able to run both
side-by-side as nothing should be conflicting.

2. Server and Web Extensions are both required for MGOS to function. The
reason they are separate installers is because you can install the Server on
one machine and the Web Extensions on another. It is perfectly fine to
install both on the same machine.

- Jackie