[mapguide-users] Tiling engine question

George McLean gmclean at gorge.net
Tue Dec 4 20:45:33 EST 2007

I am using the Websoft Developers tiling engine to create tiles that may
be used outside of mapguide. I noticed that there are many blank tiles
created that appear outside of the border of my map. I have seen this
running a php script I wrote to create tiles as well. I am trying to
understand how the tiling function in mapguide determines where the edge
of the map is. Is it somehow related to the Initial View settings in the
Map Definition in Studio? Is related to the farthest zoom scale? I am
trying to minimize the number of blank tiles created. Any suggestions?

Thanks

George McLean