[mapguide-users] MapGuide Manual

Jim O'Leary joleary.public at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 11:00:25 EST 2007

MapGuide already has two excellent references:

- Web API Reference
- Viewer API Reference

These references describe the classes that MapGuide exposes from an API
level.

MapGuide Manual is a kindred spirit to the Getting Started Guide and
Developers Guide. In some cases MapGuide Manual provides alternative
explanations for MapGuide concepts, for example, MapGuide Architechture
(http://techearth.net/gis/mapguideManual/index.php?title=MapGuide_Manual:Administrator:MapGuide_Architecture).

In other cases MapGuide Manual provides explanations for MapGuide concepts
that the guides do not explain fully, for example, FDO
(http://techearth.net/gis/mapguideManual/index.php?title=MapGuide_Manual:Administrator:Feature_Data_Objects).

With the contributions of developers who have actually used MapGuide,
MapGuide Manual could grow to become quite comprehensive and detailed. That
is the power of a wiki.